Book Online Any Time!
Book an appointment for any of our services online any time - day or night! We will confirm your appointment through e-mail when we receive it. If you need to get in touch during business hours
E1256 Johnson Rd
Iola, WI 54945
(Accepting new clients)
315 N. Main
Reba’s Personal Touch Pet Salon
October 1st 2022
We Are Settling in.
Our 2nd Location is now open!
If there are any questions, please feel free to reach out.
Our retail products dog and cat food will be found at both locations however a larger variety of products will be located at the Iola location.
Just a reminder the bridge is out just north of Scandinavia on County Road B. You will need to take alternate routes in order to get into Scandinavia if you are coming from Amherst on B. Sorry for the inconvenient.
Logo change: Also, with the new location and our new groomer we have also decided to rebrand. Our logo has changed. We are still Personal Touch Pet Salon but now we will be Reba's Personal Touch Pet Salon.
I have already been asked a few times, Who's Reba? well that is me, Rebecca the owner. The name Reba comes from my dad. He called me Reba all the time growing up. When I hear that name, it takes me back to my childhood where my passion and love for animals began. So, I thought what better name I could call my business is a name that inspired love and passion for animals. Reba’s
It is crazy to think that the holidays are only a few months away. If you have not scheduled your grooming appointments through the end of the year and into 2023 I suggest you do so!! The holiday season is always the craziest for us and we book up fast. (Already looking at my schedule (Rebecca) it is extremely full, and I am already about 12 weeks Booked out and for me the week of before Christmas is already booked.) I would expect Kayla schedule to fill up for the holidays quickly as well. So please do not wait till the last minute as it is first come first serve and if we can't get you on the schedule unfortunately there is nothing we can do.
Grooming Price Increase Starts Oct. 1st
Those of you who got our previous newsletter, you were informed in May of 2022 that we were looking at a price increase of $5 to $15. Thankfully due to everything that has been falling into place and finding a new groomer we are not looking at a big increase, however still due to circumstances that are out of our control, rising costs on everything from shampoos, equipment, cost of living and higher employee wages, our annual grooming price increase will be a $6.00 mark up on each category for grooming services. We will also be raising prices on individual services like nail trims. We wanted to reach out with a heads up in advance. The price increase will be put into effect Oct. 1st. (See Price Chart Last Page)
For those of you that are new to our grooming services we just want to let you know what all goes into your grooming service. We offer a specialty service like no other.
All Full Grooming Services Include:
- Nail Trim with Grind
- 2 Shampoos 1st bath to clean coat. 2nd bath to brightens, de-shed and deodorize.
- Conditioner to remoisturize skin and coat
- Special Shampoos upon request such as Scented, Medicated, or Hypo Allergenic
- 2 Blueberry Facials
- Ears cleaned, hair removed if needed and dried to prevent infection
- Anal glands expressed, if needed
- Dried with high powered K9 dryer to remove dander and unwanted hair
- De-Shedding treatment when needed
- Brushed, Trimmed, Clipped, and or shaved, at your request
- Bandana or Bows!!
- Lots of love and the best care possible!!
Please take our skills, knowledge and special services into consideration when comparing prices. We are not your typical groomer. With a combined 27+ years of experience in the grooming industry Graduate of Wisconsin School of Professional Pet Grooming, AKC Certified S.A.F.E Groomer, AKC S.A.F.E Handling Certified, Member of WPGA, Hair & Skin Certificate, & Barkleigh First Aid/CPR Certificate. We offer a higher quality grooming experience than other groomers in this area. Each groomer sees an average of 5 dogs per day. Most grooming salons will see 10+ per day. That high volume is why they can charge a cheaper price. We are different than these groomers because we dedicate our time one-on-one with each pet. Developing a PERSONAL relationship with your pets offering them the best care they could ever have. Our salon is a cage free environment, which is more comfortable and quieter for your pets. In addition, we offer special services at no extra charge for full grooming including nail trims, ear cleaning, anal glands, medicated shampoos, conditioners, & multiple baths.
We also have been sending out new client/liability forms, these are just a formality to keep all information up to date so please if you receive the texts or emails with the forms, fill them out. This will become a yearly thing. We will also be sending out our company policies for everyone to sign as well so that we make sure all of our clients are aware of these policies.
Follow us on Facebook!
Please watch for postings in the shop, on our website and Facebook page for updates
We hope you all understand that in this situation it’s a bit out of our control and raising costs is a necessary thing. If you are unable to afford our prices, we understand that you may seek out grooming elsewhere and we will miss having you as clients but we all have to do what’s best for us and our fur family members.
Thank you to everyone for all your love and support throughout these hard times. We truly appreciate all of you and your business very much and hope to continue seeing you and grooming our fur friends for many years to come.
Over these last few months, we have been seeing a lot of new faces new clients with our new groomer Kayla. Most of you that have been coming to us for years are aware of our policies. I just wanted to refresh everyone's memory and let all current clients know of our policies so please read the following carefully and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We will also be sending this out as a form that will need to be signed by all clients so that we know everyone is aware and agrees with our policies.
- Rabies certificates: All pets must be up to date on rabies. this is for your safety and ours. We will not groom any new clients without a proof of a rabies vaccination via paper copy.
- All prices are final: For all clients First Visit we charge a rate of $75 Per Hour! (Price will vary depending on how long it takes to groom the pet) After your first visit your price will change depending on the breed, size, hair type, grooming requirements, and duration of time between appointments. Depending on the breed, coat type & length dogs should be groomed every 4 to 8 weeks. (Poodle Mixes If you like the fluffy coat, we suggest every 2 to 4 weeks)
- Additional Fees: The following will result in additional fee Dematting, Difficult Pet, Mud, Urine, Feces, Fleas & Ticks, Creative Coloring, Early drop off, late pick up or No Show
- Arrive on time!: For everyone's safety, we ask that you please arrive at the time your appointment is scheduled and pick up when asked. No sooner no later. We are a one-on-one salon and are not capable of housing more than a few dogs at a time. Showing up too early or late for drop off and pick up can result in overlapping appointments causing distractions that could potentially put your pet or groomer in danger of injury. If later than 15 minutes to drop off, your appointment will be canceled And you will be marked as a No-Show. Late pick up longer than 30 minutes will result in a fee. If you are going to be late, please notify us as soon as possible. If you value our time we'll value yours!
- Notice of cancellation: Please give your groomer at least a 24-hour notice if you need to cancel. If we are not notified of cancellation, you will be considered a No-Show which will result in a fee of half the full grooming cost. We only allow up to 3 No-Shows. After 3 No-shows, all grooming services will be prepaid in order to schedule an appointment with no refund.
- Leash your pet: We ask that you please keep your pet on a leash for their safety and the safety of others. Grooming is not always your pet's favorite thing. Please do not make us try to gather your pet as that will only make your pet more uncomfortable. Leaving them on a leash and handing the leash to the groomer is the safest option. After handing the leash to the groomer and giving them grooming instructions, we ask that you please leave calmly so that we do not have to drag your pet away from you. It is more traumatic for the dog to be drug away versus them watching you leave. Your pet will be more willing to go with the groomer after you leave.
- "Fluffy is cute": If your groomer cannot get a comb through your dog's coat due to poor coat condition, matting, and tangles, It will be shaved! It is inhumane to put a dog through torture just because "Fluffy is cute" Any dematting that takes longer than 15 minutes will result in a extra fee on top of the grooming cost. You the owner determines the length of your dog's coat. It is not your groomers responsibility to maintain the coat between appointments. To avoid your dog being shaved, we suggest daily Brushing & Combing. If you like the fluffy coat, scheduling regular grooming appointments every 2 to 4 weeks is suggested. Sometimes starting over is best. Hair does grow back. (Note that we will not shave double-coated breeds unless absolutely necessary! Shaving a double coated breed can result in permanent coat damage. Scheduling regular appointments for de-shed treatments will help keep your pet comfortable and cool in the summer months and reduce shedding.)
- Distractions/don't help: For the safety of your pet and your groomer we ask that all owners please leave during your pets grooming. Our groomers work with sharp tools, scissors and clippers. Any distraction could result in injury. Your presence may be distracting causing your pet to act up more. From years of experience we have found that pets behave better when owners are not present during grooming. Also, please refrain from showing up early to pick up your dog. Please pick up your pet at the time we ask you to no sooner. Due to insurance reasons, we are not allowed to let pet owners help with grooming.
- $2.00 convenience fee: We have been implementing a $2.00 convenience fee for all credit card transactions. Cash or checks are still accepted and encouraged to avoid the fees.