Book Online Any Time!
Book an appointment for any of our services online any time - day or night! We will confirm your appointment through e-mail when we receive it. If you need to get in touch during business hours
E1256 Johnson Rd
Iola, WI 54945
(Accepting new clients)
315 N. Main
Reba’s Personal Touch Pet Salon
November 2ndst 2022
Celebrating 6 years!!
November is our anniversary month so I thought I would share the story behind Reab’s
Reba's Personal Touch Pet Salon is a unique pet care service built from the ground up with one common goal, a personal customer experience for pets and their owners. We opened our doors in November of 2019 on main St. in Scandinavia but we had originated long before that. The dream of owning my own grooming salon and pet store started when I lived in Eden WI, where I grew up in the pet business, starting as a grooming assistant at the age of 12. I began my journey as a professional groomer after graduating from Wisconsin School of Professional Pet Grooming in October of 2009. I continued to groom at Fond du Lac Veterinarian Clinic & Pet Grooming through 2013. In 2013, I moved to Stevens Point with my now husband, where I put my grooming career on hold as I was figuring out what I wanted to do with my life. I started working at Waupaca Foundry. In 2014, we moved to Waupaca, and I began to groom again, working on family and friend's dogs. Next thing I knew, the word had started to spread, and I began to build new clientele. In 2016, We bought a house in Scandinavia. We found the perfect little town. Little did we know, my grooming career would take off in this small town. I set up shop in our laundry room. I groomed out of our home for just over 3 years. My clientele grew and grew and the next thing I knew, I had to leave my job at the foundry in May of 2019 because I was so far booked out. I could not take any more clients otherwise. Tom and I married in June of 2019. Just when I thought my world was perfect, we decided to move the grooming business out of the home. We renovated what was a laundry mat at one time on Main Street Scandinavia and opened shop in Nov. 2019. It was perfect timing because we welcomed Raylynn Mindi Newby May 21 2020 to our family. We have had our ups and downs the last few years but are now super excited to add a new groomer Kayla to our team in Scandinavia and opening our second location in Iola in September 2022.
We are a proud small business that provides pet products, toys, treats, gifts and so much more.
We try our best to get our products from locally sourced companies. All the pet food we provide is made here in Wisconsin.
We also have some tasty treats for your pets and some cute gifts for your two legged friends as well that are made in Wisconsin and from the surrounding areas in the Midwest.
Support your local small business.
Behind every small business is a family, and when you support a small business that is also supporting other Wisconsin local businesses you are also supporting jobs in Wisconsin.
So let's all take our part in shopping local
Who's Reba? well that is me, Rebecca the owner. The name Reba comes from my dad. He called me Reba all the time growing up. When I hear that name, it takes me back to my childhood where my passion and love for animals began. So, I thought what better name I could call my business is a name that inspired love and passion for animals. Reba’s
It is crazy to think that the holidays are here. If you have not scheduled your grooming appointments through the end of the year and into 2023 I suggest you do so!! The holiday season is always the craziest for us and we book up fast. (Already looking at my schedule (Rebecca) it is extremely full, and I am already about 12 weeks Booked out and for me the week of before Christmas is already booked.) I would expect Kayla schedule to fill up for the holidays quickly as well. So please do not wait till the last minute as it is first come first serve and if we can't get you on the schedule unfortunately there is nothing we can do.
Over these last few months, we have been seeing a lot of new faces new clients with our new groomer Kayla. Most of you that have been coming to us for years are aware of our policies. I just wanted to refresh everyone's memory and let all current clients know of our policies so please read the following carefully and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We will also be sending this out as a form that will need to be signed by all clients so that we know everyone is aware and agrees with our policies.
- Rabies certificates: All pets must be up to date on rabies. this is for your safety and ours. We will not groom any new clients without a proof of a rabies vaccination via paper copy.
- All prices are final: For all clients First Visit we charge a rate of $75 Per Hour! (Price will vary depending on how long it takes to groom the pet) After your first visit your price will change depending on the breed, size, hair type, grooming requirements, and duration of time between appointments. Depending on the breed, coat type & length dogs should be groomed every 4 to 8 weeks. (Poodle Mixes If you like the fluffy coat, we suggest every 2 to 4 weeks)
- Additional Fees: The following will result in additional fee Dematting, Difficult Pet, Mud, Urine, Feces, Fleas & Ticks, Creative Coloring, Early drop off, late pick up or No Show
- Arrive on time!: For everyone's safety, we ask that you please arrive at the time your appointment is scheduled and pick up when asked. No sooner no later. We are a one-on-one salon and are not capable of housing more than a few dogs at a time. Showing up too early or late for drop off and pick up can result in overlapping appointments causing distractions that could potentially put your pet or groomer in danger of injury. If later than 15 minutes to drop off, your appointment will be canceled And you will be marked as a No-Show. Late pick up longer than 30 minutes will result in a fee. If you are going to be late, please notify us as soon as possible. If you value our time we'll value yours!
- Notice of cancellation: Please give your groomer at least a 24-hour notice if you need to cancel. If we are not notified of cancellation, you will be considered a No-Show which will result in a fee of half the full grooming cost. We only allow up to 3 No-Shows. After 3 No-shows, all grooming services will be prepaid in order to schedule an appointment with no refund. Please call do not text or email.
- Leash your pet: We ask that you please keep your pet on a leash for their safety and the safety of others. Grooming is not always your pet's favorite thing. Please do not make us try to gather your pet as that will only make your pet more uncomfortable. Leaving them on a leash and handing the leash to the groomer is the safest option. After handing the leash to the groomer and giving them grooming instructions, we ask that you please leave calmly so that we do not have to drag your pet away from you. It is more traumatic for the dog to be drug away versus them watching you leave. Your pet will be more willing to go with the groomer after you leave.
- "Fluffy is cute": If your groomer cannot get a comb through your dog's coat due to poor coat condition, matting, and tangles, It will be shaved! It is inhumane to put a dog through torture just because "Fluffy is cute" Any dematting that takes longer than 15 minutes will result in a extra fee on top of the grooming cost. You the owner determines the length of your dog's coat. It is not your groomers responsibility to maintain the coat between appointments. To avoid your dog being shaved, we suggest daily Brushing & Combing. If you like the fluffy coat, scheduling regular grooming appointments every 2 to 4 weeks is suggested. Sometimes starting over is best. Hair does grow back. (Note that we will not shave double-coated breeds unless absolutely necessary! Shaving a double coated breed can result in permanent coat damage. Scheduling regular appointments for de-shed treatments will help keep your pet comfortable and cool in the summer months and reduce shedding.)
- Distractions/don't help: For the safety of your pet and your groomer we ask that all owners please leave during your pets grooming. Our groomers work with sharp tools, scissors and clippers. Any distraction could result in injury. Your presence may be distracting causing your pet to act up more. From years of experience we have found that pets behave better when owners are not present during grooming. Also, please refrain from showing up early to pick up your dog. Please pick up your pet at the time we ask you to no sooner. Due to insurance reasons, we are not allowed to let pet owners help with grooming.
- $2.00 convenience fee: We have been implementing a $2.00 convenience fee for all credit card transactions. Cash or checks are still accepted and encouraged to avoid the fees.
Grooming Price Increase Started Oct. 1st
Those of you who got our previous newsletter, you were informed in May of 2022 that we were looking at a price increase of $5 to $15. Thankfully due to everything that has been falling into place and finding a new groomer we are not looking at a big increase, however still due to circumstances that are out of our control, rising costs on everything from shampoos, equipment, cost of living and higher employee wages, our annual grooming price increase will be a $6.00 mark up on each category for grooming services. We will also be raising prices on individual services like nail trims.
Link to Price page: https://apersonaltouchpetsalon.myonlineappointment.com/Services
For those of you that are new to our grooming services we just want to let you know what all goes into your grooming service. We offer a specialty service like no other.
All Full Grooming Services Include:
- Nail Trim with Grind
- 2 Shampoos 1st bath to clean coat. 2nd bath to brightens, de-shed and deodorize.
- Conditioner to remoisturize skin and coat
- Special Shampoos upon request such as Scented, Medicated, or Hypo Allergenic
- 2 Blueberry Facials
- Ears cleaned, hair removed if needed and dried to prevent infection
- Anal glands expressed, if needed
- Dried with high powered K9 dryer to remove dander and unwanted hair
- De-Shedding treatment when needed
- Brushed, Trimmed, Clipped, and or shaved, at your request
- Bandana or Bows!!
- Lots of love and the best care possible!!
Please take our skills, knowledge and special services into consideration when comparing prices. We are not your typical groomer. With a combined 27+ years of experience in the grooming industry Graduate of Wisconsin School of Professional Pet Grooming, AKC Certified S.A.F.E Groomer, AKC S.A.F.E Handling Certified, Member of WPGA, Hair & Skin Certificate, & Barkleigh First Aid/CPR Certificate. We offer a higher quality grooming experience than other groomers in this area. Each groomer sees an average of 5 dogs per day. Most grooming salons will see 10+ per day. That high volume is why they can charge a cheaper price. We are different than these groomers because we dedicate our time one-on-one with each pet. Developing a PERSONAL relationship with your pets offering them the best care they could ever have. Our salon is a cage free environment, which is more comfortable and quieter for your pets. In addition, we offer special services at no extra charge for full grooming including nail trims, ear cleaning, anal glands, medicated shampoos, conditioners, & multiple baths.
We also have been sending out new client/liability forms, these are just a formality to keep all information up to date so please if you receive the texts or emails with the forms, fill them out. This will become a yearly thing. We will also be sending out our company policies for everyone to sign as well so that we make sure all of our clients are aware of these policies.
Follow us on Facebook!
Please watch for postings in the shop, on our website and Facebook page for updates
We hope you all understand that in this situation it’s a bit out of our control and raising costs is a necessary thing. If you are unable to afford our prices, we understand that you may seek out grooming elsewhere and we will miss having you as clients but we all have to do what’s best for us and our fur family members.
Thank you to everyone for all your love and support throughout these hard times. We truly appreciate all of you and your business very much and hope to continue seeing you and grooming our fur friends for many years to come.